Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 18, 2011, 12:07 Suddenly_Dead

Jerykk wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 01:23:
Also, the lack of a mandatory hard drive in the 360 was a big limitation.

Yeah, that remains a huge issue even today. Because not all Xboxes have HDs, MS requires that all patches be 4MB or less. You can imagine how problematic that is for developers.

That, and consider the lower amount of memory in the consoles. You can't hold as many things in RAM, so you need to swap assets in and out more frequently. When you do though, you've got to deal with the sluggish disc drive. Much pain.

Beamer wrote on Jul 17, 2011, 23:04:
I also don't get what kind of list someone wants. Nor do I understand how you guys don't realize that the memory overhead on consoles is far, far less than PCs.

I've got several PC games, not even very recent, that use around at least 1 GB of RAM (just system RAM, not even including VRAM) when running. The 360 has what, 512 MB shared RAM?

The 360 was pretty reasonable when it was released, except for the memory thing (and the related HDD thing). That seems to be a frequent limitation among consoles.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo