Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: On PlanetSide 2 Microtransactions Jul 13, 2011, 13:52 RollinThundr

Frijoles wrote on Jul 13, 2011, 12:33:
OldScho0l wrote on Jul 13, 2011, 11:05:
When one purchases these items, they are far from unique and it allows people like myself to identify the suckers and their pathetic attempts to be different

You assume they buy it to look unique. I bought a sparkly horse in WoW. One of the best purchases I ever made in that game. Every character I have on any server has a mount now immediately when they hit 20. When I hit 40, it runs faster. When I turn 60, it can fly. It was well worth the purchase.

I've also bought some of the vanity pets for myself and wife. We like collecting them, and in the few I've bought, they've also gone to help charities. WoW doesn't appear to be destroyed yet from this. Destroyed for other reasons, but not from microtransactions.

This, I have no problem with Vanity MT's in PS as long as the actual weapons and vehicles are still earned and it doesn't give the person that pays a combat advantage. Microtransactions aren't going anywhere, but if they're done in a manner that doesn't force a player to use them to stay competitive, I don't have too much issue with it.

I really enjoyed Planetside through beta and the first couple months of the game before they started to gut the game and make stupid changes, of course I'm sure Dave "smoke jumper" Georgeson jumping ship when shit hit the fan, just like he's done on every game/company he's worked for over the years didn't help PS either.

I hold hope that PS2 is good, I expect it to suck knowing SOE but still, if they make it so the players actually do affect the world via control and it doesn't end up being just a xp bonus or whatnot for controlling more land etc, I think it could be a pretty awesome title.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo