Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: L4D2 DLC This Month Jul 12, 2011, 08:45 jimnms

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 12, 2011, 00:07:
I hope it's better than the Cold Stream garbage which still appears as beta.

I played it when it was first released a few times, but never survived the finale. I played it again a few days ago to get the summer achievement and the finale was different.

I like the campaign, but it does need more tweaking. It's different, and most people I've played it with tried to play it like a regular level, which it's not. You can't stop because the infected don't stop coming.

When I got the achievement, it was the first time I survived. In the earlier beta you had to run through a dense forest to get to the rescue helicopter. Every time I got to it, no one stuck together, so it was every man for himself. It's different now. It's almost too easy compared to the rest of the campaign. I actually think I liked the old one better.

There is one part that really needs to be tweaked. The part where you run into the storm drain and have to go down the stairs. That part is different than I remembered too. I don't remember it being so dark. The first run through trying to get the achievement, everyone missed the turn and fell off the ledge at the end. When we made a go the 2nd time around, there were just too many infected coming up the stairs as we tried to go down, and it was too damn dark. Only two of us made it to the safe room, me with one health and one other person. Did I mention we were playing on easy difficulty?

Steam Profile

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo