Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

36. Re: Hi-Rez on F2P Tribes Ascend Jul 11, 2011, 09:54 Overon

OldScho0l wrote on Jul 11, 2011, 09:05:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 11, 2011, 01:30:
I really don't understand why devs can't make a good Tribes sequel. Yes, I know they want to appeal to a broader audience but that doesn't mean they have to change or remove things that people liked in the previous games. Nobody asked for a two-weapon limit. Nobody asked for a limited, predefined loadout system. Nobody asked for unlockables and grinding. Nobody asked for a sniper rifle that uses ammo instead of energy. Nobody asked for a pistol.

If you want to make an accessible Tribes game, provide extensive and enjoyable tutorials that novices and veterans can both use. Skiing challenges, midair disc challenges, sniping challenges, flag passing challenges, etc. Activities that would help newbies learn the basics while helping veterans hone their skills.

Agreed. Tribes 1 was simple (graphically) and had tutorials for everything. It was great! The very essence of the original Tribes is lost forever.
Grinding in Tribes?? That sounds stupid to me. The problem that I see with game development today is that the suits have gotten too involved and want to cash in on the classics that we all loved. It's like the current trend of remaking the older movies and 99% of them turn out to be trash (Example: Clash of The Titans). I'm so tired of all the greed involved in gaming and every other aspect of American life. I wish all these greedy suits would just die already. Our entire planet is shaped by greed and I for one am tired of it. We can't even watch a television show without a commercial break every 8 minutes. Who the hell needs a break after only 8 minutes? Someone should create a nasty virus that only targets greedy people. The world would be a better place without these douchebags. Games used to be about fun. Now it's about quarterly earnings.
OldScho0l you have a ronanticized view of history that never was. Money is the prirmary motivator for game creation, always has been. Artistic and creative aspects are secondary, since everyone needs to pay the bills and pay to support their lifestyle. Greed is an aspect of human nature. Greed is something that made us a successful species on this planet. You can't fight human nature. You will inevitably fail as has been shown countless times throughout history. Al you can do is understand human greed and accept it and try to guide it for non destructive purposes. You can restrain its worst abuses.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo