Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

39. Re: New Battlefield 3 Details Jul 8, 2011, 18:26 Matshock

skurk wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 13:49:
bhcompy wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 10:02:
Are they going to change the non-bipod accuracy of the LMGs? Are they going to add barrel overheating like real LMGs so you can't fire that entire 100-200 round belt in one go? Are they going to remove the scope option? They're already overpowered as is.

Seriously, LMGs are just hilariously overpowered in BC2. The biggest reason isn't the absurdly high accuracy (scope on a machine gun haha WTF) or super high damage (magnum ammo) it's the fact that if you single shot instead of laying on the trigger you can keep going in a frantic running-around firefight while any non LMG dudes are out of ammo.

I've gone on 5+ kill streaks for this very reason. All assault has is stupid grenade launcher spam so it's no wonder everyone goes for the class with the fully automatic sniper rifles that can also heal and rez and get a billion points for doing so.

Let me introduce you to the Trijicon ACOG:

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product2.php?id=ACOG&mid=6x48

Note the picture at the top left is one mounted on a LMG.

Like mentioned earlier, MGs and suppressive fire is what rules modern infantry battle. Snipers and rifle marksmen work in around the cover created by suppression and then go to work on the flanks.

The two things I do agree with are the need for a "heat limit" for LMGs (hey how about a quick-change barrel DICE?) and that the idea of a medic toting one is pretty dumb.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo