Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

52. Re: Hear Yee, Hear Yee Jun 28, 2011, 14:19 gilly775

Dev wrote on Jun 28, 2011, 08:57:
gilly775 wrote on Jun 28, 2011, 08:40:
Dev wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 22:55:
Depends. You can get thrown in jail and your kids taken away nowadays if you give a spanking.

It's not illegal unless you get caught. I rarely spank my kids, but if I do so it's because they really did something wrong and the alternatives did/do not work. I was often spanked as a kid and I turned out fine. Just another pussification of America as we know it today.
I'd say getting jailed goes beyond sissyfication of America. And its not necessary to get caught in the act, all it takes is one upset kid complaining to someone such as at school.

Well, any kid can say anything if they really feel like they're being mistreated. I told my kids early on that if they really felt like they had it hard, I'd enroll them in military school and they can see what hard is. But the underlying thing is, how many social services/law enforcement offices in America would really come after such a thing as spanking? In my rural area up in MN, I don't think it would happen as much as say in the Twin Cities. It really depends on where you are.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo