Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

27. Re: Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer Jun 27, 2011, 22:36 Beaner

The graphics look nice but there are a lot of concerns especially after reading that article. Selling loadouts as micro transactions is bad enough, but to limit a player to two weapons? Don't like that at all. Also did they turn the tribes chaingun into a military style machine gun? wtf is that about? This isn't halo or COD its suppose to be Tribes. Boy do I hope they clarify this mess.

Jerykk wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 19:52:
I don't have a problem with F2P. I have a problem with F2P that charges for things that affect gameplay. TF2 does not force you to pay for anything that affects gameplay. All weapons and items can be obtained for free. T:A, on the other hand, forces you to pay for each loadout. There's a big difference. Hi-Rez should scrap their current plan and instead charge only for cosmetic items.

This is pretty much the crux of the problem with this new reveal. Firefall, TF2 all these F2P games will sell cosmetic microtransaction items. Things that do not affect gameplay. I'm actually shocked Hi-Rez said they will sell loadouts. Lastly to put salt on the wound they want to limit the number of held weapons to two? wtf are they thinking?

Why cant we have just one developer make a nice looking tribes with everything we loved about the game. Go ahead and throw in some of your new stuff. But why must they always mess with things that have been a characteristic of the game for years. Its like taking quake and forcing you to buy a loadout with the railgun or missile. Taking counterstrike and making you pay for the ability to use gernades or wear shields. Of course those franchises will never have to deal with this type of crap. Just Tribes.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2011, 22:53.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo