Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

22. Re: The Old Republic Doesn't Require Origin Jun 17, 2011, 04:56 aesir05

IMO the main reason why Origin is getting a bad rep from everyone is the exclusivity deal they announced yesterday.
Most people who are on their preferred digital distributor like steam would like all or most of their games on steam.
Since Origin is trying to get more people to use their service they announced that most new games will be exclusive to Origin for a certain time period.
Most people don't like that, like me I would like to get Mass Effect 3 or the next Dragon Age on Steam and play them on day 1.
This forces me to either wait for the game to come out on steam after a week or month or get it from Origin.

This is primarily the reason why people are already hating Origin.

I would have liked to get my games off steam, but I'll wait or get it off other sources and play till they release it on steam.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo