Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

153. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 16, 2011, 23:38 StingingVelvet

Dades wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 20:50:
He seems to think that because it takes market share away from Steam that it will prevent Steam from being as pervasive which in turn will keep the PC platform open. He ignores the fact that this is an action initiated by a closed platform that just encourages more closed platform behavior which is what he is afraid of in the first place. People will use Steam like use they anything else. They'll use it until something better comes along.

The open you're talking about and the open I am talking about are two entirely separate things. I am talking about the ability for a dude, group of dudes or a company to make a game and sell a game on the PC without anyone else being involved or having a say. Steam becoming the defacto PC ruler means Valve have a say over everything that is made for the PC because you can't succeed without releasing on Steam.

Steam becoming less of a platform and more of just a place to buy SOME games is a good thing from my perspective. EA saying "hey we're making games come and get them at our website" is a good thing from my perspective. The only bad to come of this would be if Origin becomes like Steam is today, then we traded one dictator for another.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo