Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

11. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 14, 2011, 19:16 StingingVelvet

Dades wrote on Jun 14, 2011, 16:40:
Yeah, I save so much money buying on amazon it's insane, yet people always say "Steam is so cheap bro!" Baffles me.

People are usually referring to steam sales when they say that, not new game pricing. There is also the instant access factor which has tangible value to most people.

Most of the sales are on old stuff that you could also get cheaper or almost as cheap on amazon as well. Obviously that is not always the case though, Steam does have the occasional deal amazon doesn't match.

Still, I think your later point is the real reason. For many people they have switched over to digital and there's no looking back, even if they are paying more. I posted in another forum's bargain thread about FEAR 3 being only $25 on amazon for pre-order a while back ($45 with $20 gift cert) and most people were like "wow wish that was on Steam" and what-not.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo