Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

76. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 14, 2011, 00:08 Jerykk

I critizied it for many other reasons, none of which you list.

Seems like at this point you are defending the POS game just to defend it.

I'm defending the game because I enjoyed it. Let's take a look at your other criticisms...

12 hours of gameplay for SP at the hardest setting,

12 hours for a shooter is above average these days.

couple glitches,

Yes, the game has some bugs. Every game has bugs.

dick/tit jokes get old, the 6th grade humor isn't that good

Pretty subjective. Judging by your irrational hatred of Bulletstorm, I think it's safe to say that you don't enjoy juvenile humor. That doesn't mean other people don't.

the demo is EXACTLY what he game is like, which in this case isn't good,

Already addressed this in a previous post. The demo is not really a good representation of the full game. The full game has a lot of platforming and puzzle-solving and the demo does not. Much of the combat in the full game takes place indoors, whereas most of the combat in the demo takes place outdoors. The desert/mine level shown in the demo is also one of the weaker levels in the full game.

graphics are pretty bad, blur is really bad,

Agreed. The depth of field effect is pretty terrible and the outdoor scenes don't look very good as a result. The indoor scenes look decent, though.

load times are atrocious,

Console issue. Load times are okay on PC.

quicksave points are placed badly,

Partially agreed. Some of the checkpoints could have been placed better but I didn't find them very problematic in general.

lots of dead space in the game that could have had bad guys to shoot at,

I assume you're referring to the platforming and puzzle-solving parts of the game. I enjoy both platforming and puzzle-solving so I didn't consider these "dead space." If you're specifically referring to the lengthy intro sequence at the start of the game, fair enough. It does take a while before you get to the action. Then again, the same could be said for the HL games.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo