Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Dead Island in September Jun 9, 2011, 03:08 Dev

<Electric-Spock> wrote on Jun 7, 2011, 18:42:
I really wish game developers and a platform like Steam would implement some sort of renting/trial feature. Letís say you pay $10.00 and the game is unlocked for 10 days or so. When the trial ends you have the option to buy the game at full retail price minus the $10.00 you already threw down.

Maybe this sounds silly to some, but I wouldn't mind droppin' 10 bucks down to evaluate. I know I would definitely try a few more games out that I would usually just pass over. At least it would be fair for the consumer. With all these marketing techniques and flashy trailers, and the lack of PC demo's these days, it's like rolling the dice. And Iím not a gambling man.
Hey I'd love that since I prefer single player, I'd finish single player in 10 days for $10 then move on to something else. That would be GREAT for duke nukem, I'd beat it on launch day for $10 (about what I'm willing to pay for that game anyway) and move on.
Pretty sure thats why they don't do that, tons of people play new games for short periods then move on, basically its the cult of the new. In consoles it works out decently since selling a new game back to gamestop is worth probably half the new price at a guess (sorry I've never sold back anything to them).

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo