Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: Infinity Ward on Dedicated Servers & PC MW3 Jun 8, 2011, 19:17 WyldKat

Ventura wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 19:14:
They must be desperate after BF3 wiped its arse with MW3

I'm sorry guys, this isn't going to be a very popular opinion in these parts, but I must admit to having been more impressed with what I've seen from MW3 than I have from BF3 at the moment.

Granted, I've only seen the BF3 tank run shown during EA's press conference, but I found the MW3 footage at the start of Microsoft's conference, and footage from the stage demo that I'm watching now, very impressive.

I don't know, maybe it's because I passed on MW2, so the engine may not seem as dated to me as it does to everyone else, but I've seen a lot from them at the moment that's just making me go "woah!". It may be a rehashed engine, but they are squeezing absolutely everything out of it that they can, and it shows.

The BF3 tank run, while it shows the engine is obviously very impressive, to be honest not nearly enough was going on. Most of it was them just driving along the plains. It was way cool when shit was blowing up at the end though, I'll give them that.

That said, I have an open mind. If anyone has links to some more BF3 footage that might sway me, paste away. There must be something that everyone else is seeing but I'm not.

I take it you missed this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoBkp8x3bhs

There's also the fact that BF3 has 64 player multiplayer on the PC and also features tanks, jets, helos, and other vehicles.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo