Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. Re: Morning Previews Jun 8, 2011, 13:08 Teddy

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 13:00:
When I think of CoD multiplayer, I remember small maps, arcade gameplay, and ignorant players doing their own thing.

When I think of BF multiplayer, I remember huge maps, strategic gameplay, and team work with the extra bonus of vehicles.

Guess where my money is going.

Funny, when I think of BF multiplayer, I remember huge maps, strategic gameplay and ignorant players doing their own thing. Oh, and and players Teamkilling to get the vehicle they wanted. Or as in BC2 now, snipers sitting 2 bases away from the action hoping for extreme distance kill point bonuses rather than risking advancing to a relevant position.

My money's going to Battlefield as well, but let's not try to pretend it's something that it's not. There are just as many stupid, selfish players in Battlefield as there are in CoD (percentage of population, of course). There's just more game mechanics that reward teamwork (medic, repair, rearming and now suppressing). If there were as many mechanics to reward teamwork in CoD, then you'd see just as many people helping in that game too. The people are pretty much the same, the reward scheme is what's dictating their behavior.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo