Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

1. Re: Evening Previews Jun 7, 2011, 22:07 Teddy

The vehicles now regenerate health, and rather than blowing up they instead get immobilized most of the time.

Eh.... what? Granted, they attempt to explain via:

We, like many of our players, felt that a rocket blowing up a vehicle full of passengers wasnít fun. It made one player very happy, but sucked for five others, so many players just avoided the transport vehicles. Now, the person sitting the closest to the explosion might die, but the others can get out and the guy on the mounted machine gun can fire in support, which makes the battle longer and more interesting.

But all the same, I have to disagree vehemently. Allowing there to be a chance of survival depending on the damage dealt to the vehicle, sure, but "most of the time the vehicle gets disabled"? If an attack helicopter lays into a hummvee with multiple rockets, it's not going to just suffer some minor engine trouble as a result.

I had no problem with the way transport vehicles worked. If you took one close enough to contested territory to get fired on, then that was a calculated risk. Sometimes expediency made that risk necessary, other times it didn't and you could drop off a safe distance from the fighting and move in on foot.

This is just going to cause more people to drive vehicles straight into cap zones and then have everyone hop out. Risk? One person might die if the vehicle gets disabled, but you've just deposited 4 others into the capture zone instantly as a result.

Boo I say.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo