Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: ARMA 3 Trailer Jun 7, 2011, 15:14 Muscular Beaver

G-Snake wrote on Jun 7, 2011, 10:57:
I kept hearing that Arma 2 was this great game that would make me forget about games like Battlefield and CoD, so I decided to pick it up on a steam sale.

The game seems like it COULD be good, however no matter what server I join, I get a lot of lag that causes the game to be mostly unplayable (yes I try to find those close with low ping, although there doesn't seem to be a lot of North American-based servers). If I actually manage to join a server, it's mostly guys standing around, or if someone gets a chopper, they fly 5 miles only to be instantly shot down near any kind of hostile.

Could someone explain to me a way to enjoy this game? It seems like I would like it.

The trailer for Arma III looks very impressive if that's actual in-game footage, which I imagine it is if Arma III is a PC exclusive.

Play Warfare. Done.
Dont need a squad to enjoy the game. People are cool enough on those public servers.

Dont listen to the console kids who whine about bugs, because there have been no big ones since a few months after release. Yes, it has bugs, but every real PC ever had bugs, especially huge and complex ones like ArmA 2. Funnily everyone hacks on ArmA 2 now since its one of the very last real PC games, and of course cant hold up to the dumbed down and bugless console ports in that aspect.

But if you realize what this game is all about, it is still the best game out there right now. I just cant get enough of it. The awesome support just adds to it.

Of course you will die a thousands deaths before you master ArmA 2 and will think, its impossible to not die a thousand deaths each game. Ive been playing it for years and still die dumb deaths, but I realize every time that it was my own fault.
ArmA 2 has a very steep learning curve and can be very frustrating since it makes you feel like a complete noob and playing against cheaters, even for OFP veterans.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 2011, 15:21.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo