Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: DICE on (Free) Battlefield 3 Battleog Jun 4, 2011, 01:25 Teddy

entr0py wrote on Jun 4, 2011, 01:20:
bhcompy wrote on Jun 4, 2011, 00:56:
spindoctor wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 23:00:
Will they be adding what is now known as Theater mode, or demo recording in the game? I was pleasantly surprised to see it in Black Ops and enjoyed it quite a bit. It was probably the first time demo recording was implemented in a non Valve/Source game in many years. Of course, they're making it a paid feature in COD Elite which means I won't be using it again but it is a nifty thing. So, will Battlefield have it as well?

Isn't this what fraps is for?

If you haven't played Black Ops, their implementation of theater mode was a huge improvement. Every single game was recorded permanently and automatically, and could be easily played back in engine from any perspective. The timeline added automatic markers for events like kills and deaths, and generated a map of all of your deaths so you could analyze your strategy. If you just wanted to show off, you could tag games or make clips and submit them to the gallery in-game or export to youtube. It also made identifying cheaters very easy for server mods, even after the fact. All with a proper GUI interface instead of console commands.

Not to mention the ability to see the match from other points of view than your own, something that fraps is incapable of.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo