Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

23. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Trailer May 29, 2011, 10:14 Cypher

Flatline wrote on May 29, 2011, 05:48:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on May 28, 2011, 18:10:
Flatline wrote on May 28, 2011, 17:38:
My problem with SC2 is that while there may be a lot of missions, the overall gameplay length was somewhere around one campaign from SC2 since so many missions were completable in about half an hour. So despite claims to the contrary, it really is paying full price for 3 chapters.

Maybe you haven't played Starcraft 1 recently or something but most of its missions only took about a half hour to finish too. The only hour plus missions I can think of are the last mission of the original Protoss campaign and the last mission of Brood War.

Eh... I got significantly less gameplay and enjoyment out of SC2 than I did the original SC. It felt incomplete, the single player offering didn't actually tell a story (we need all 3 parts to get the story), and the game overall seemed... easier than SC1 (though the last mission was a little bit difficult). Multiplayer is the only robust offering, and I can't see that changing much in the next two releases, which I imagine are going to be full priced releases. If they're 30 bucks they'll be a decent value, but somehow I doubt it.

Let's be honest. If this had any other developer's name on it other than Blizzard there would have been hell and damnation over the initial offering of SC2.

You dare being honest about it!?!?

But yeah, I agree.
To add, the story also suffered from lack of immersion. I didn't feel for a single second as being Raynor.
The first one had people talking to the player, or describing, at least, for the player's benefit. In this one, everything is contained within Raynor. And it really took me out of the story.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo