Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

27. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Nears May 25, 2011, 20:04 Teddy

Dades wrote on May 25, 2011, 18:05:
Teddy wrote on May 25, 2011, 16:55:
But it's hardly a champion of "oldschool crpg's" like some people have claimed. My personal belief is that it's because it isn't available on consoles (yet). If it was, every flaw in the game would be dragged out and raged over, pointing the finger at the evil consoles and how they're degrading a PC franchise.

There might be platform zealots who have that attitude but they exist on the consoles too so what's your point? It's a good game with a strong story, fantastic graphics engine, challenging gameplay and a decent amount of depth considering it's a non-D&D property. No one is going to go back and make Baldur's Gate again but this kind of game is much more welcome than Dragon Age 2.

There -might- be platform zealots like that? This is Blues news, last I checked. It's home base for PC platform zealots. These are the same people who make derisive comments and snap at Blue whenever a console review accidentally gets placed next to a precious PC review. Let's not pretend like this is something it isn't. I'm sure there are some on the other side of the wall as well, but that's irrelevent to the point.

My point is, this is an action-RPG. FAR more so than Dragon Age 2 was, and people cried bloody murder over that one just shortening cooldowns on abilities, pointing their mighty finger of blame at the consoles for it. Many of the same things that they screamed about in DA2's realease, they choose to ignore in this one.

The graphics are nice, certainly, then again so were DA2's, barring the issue of repetition. Challenging gameplay, certainly. Again, that also existed in DA2. Depth? I've seen two endings to the game already and am on my way to a third... the differences in the end-game stories are not that significant. The game still funnels you down the same path, regardless of your choices. The difference is in what people are standing beside you for the cutscenes. Same complaint people made about DA2, how the choices looked different, but nothing ever really changed.

*shrugs* I enjoyed both games. I just think it's funny that people suggest idiotic things like the two games should never be mentioned in the same sentence, when really they're far more similar than they are different.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo