Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: Dragon Age 3 Help Wanted May 20, 2011, 14:39 Verno

Kajetan wrote on May 20, 2011, 13:58:
Hasn't it already impact sales? Or was DA2 TEH big blockbuster game of the spring?

It sold a lot of units in the first week as can be expected but it didn't have the staying power of DA:O which continued to sell decently throughout its life cycle. Someone on Neogaf did an interesting sales chart awhile ago but I don't have it here at work, I'll post it when I get home later. I think all told DA:O did something like 3.6m units between all platforms and DA2 has so far done 2m confirmed sold, EA claims to have shipped another 2m units to retailers but considering the games continued absence or dropping placement on most sales charts I don't think those boxes are moving.

They basically tried to cash in on the name, thankfully I doubt the game is profitable after marketing and all other budgets have been met. Hopefully that sends the right message that they can't just crap out these games without a thought to the quality.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo