Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: Dragon Age 3 Help Wanted May 20, 2011, 12:55 Fion

Bhruic wrote on May 20, 2011, 12:41:
That definitely bothered me, but I was replaying Mass Effect earlier, and it struck me as odd that I don't remember hearing lots of the same complaints for it.

Every single "ship" mission used the same layout. All of the interior missions used one of I think two (possibly three?) different layouts. So when you are doing your 20th+ side mission, seeing the exact same layout started to get quite stale.

Was there the same cricisms of ME1 and I missed them, or did everyone give it a pass for some reason?

I remember quite a few complaining about this, myself included. But it was absolutely given a pass for one main reason, it was primarily a console game and repeating environments is not only accepted for console shooters, it is the norm. Thats why almost no console reviews of DA2 even mentioned the repeating environments. Or the waist high concrete walls that were placed in a staggered way in every hallway in the game, or a variety other things that bugged me about that game.

In the end though, repeating environments is only one of dozens of bad decisions in the development of DA2. I agree with Verno, not a one of them has ever owned up to what an absolute disaster DA2 was. Thats why I think they are taking on extra help with DA3, so they don't completely alienate their fans.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo