Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: ARMA 3 Announced May 19, 2011, 13:30 Darks

Wildone wrote on May 19, 2011, 13:07:
I dont feel any challenge in pressing E to lock onto a target and just shoot, it just reminds me Im playing a game. I want SOME sophistication in how the systems work and have multiple options on how they can be used as a tool to help fight the enemy. As it is right now the AI is already damn tough and you die constantly, that has no relevance to me on how complex their vehicles weapons systems should be.

The issues I have with the game are not just the realism, itís the way the stupid AI sees you and kills you in one shot, and they donít ever seem to miss. Sorry, but in real life no one kills you with one shot; they usually will shot at you missing several times before hitting their target. This is especially true when you are shooting at long range.

This is known as panic fire when in combat situations; in a fire fight soldiers usually will fire blindly at their target hoping to hit them. There really isnít a whole lot of time to aim towards a target in a wild fire fight. This was a well know fact during Vietnam and how ammo was wasted by soldiers firing blindly and wasting ammo.

This is why the M16 only has a three round bust function and full auto was removed. "Ill bet some of you didnt know that" The way the programmers have it now, itís like every one of their soldiers are snipers without a scope. I donít consider getting shot and dying once realism.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2011, 13:36.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo