Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

58. Re: Quote of the  Day May 19, 2011, 10:07 Bhruic

Drawing an argument out to extremes is what philosophy is all about my friend

I'm not sure I'd agree there. There's a very good reason reductio ad absurdum is considered a logical fallacy.

Developers equating second-hand game sales with software piracy.

Again, can you point to any developers doing that? What I see is a developer saying that second-hand sales are a problem. Not that they are equivalent to piracy. And from a revenue perspective, I can see why they would consider them a problem - while not every pirate would spend money on a game they can download for free, everyone buying a used copy of a game has demonstrated that they are willing to spend money on a game - just money the developer isn't going to see.

If I purchase a ball ping hammer and use it for awhile and then sell it used, the manufacturer of the hammer loses a new sale, right? The manufacturer of the ball ping hammer has to produce them one by one.

Ok, this is true. Now, can you point me to any major hardware stores that primarily focus on used hammers? And can you account for the ratio between new and used hammers?

I think developers are right to be worried about used sales. As long as they figure out a way to solve the problem in such a way as to not inconvenience gamers, I'll support it wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, the only "solutions" so far don't meet that criteria.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo