Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2011, 18:35 DG

Hmm, I'm way behind the US TV as I'm in UK with no satellite subs so it's all DVD rental, but of the series mentioned I'd go

Terminator (finished) > Dollhouse (done S1) > Flash Forward (finished) then Fringe (nearly done S1).

Probably being nice on Dollhouse as it was starting to reveal a lot of potential. FF suffered a bit as I found the lead annoying, plus The Event has come on which seems to be almost same thing?

Fringe has it's ups and downs, Walter hams it up well, Peter plays a good sidekick but Olivia isn't a strong lead and too often the plots get just too silly. I still don't know why all the scriptwriters and producers seem to have forgotten X-Files's golden rule of never throwing absurdity in the audience's face. It's an enjoyable enough show to wind-down at night and I'm looking forward to the next DVD but I wouldn't be buying the box set or anything unless absurdly cheap.

To be fair though, I'm still waiting on BSG on bluray to get cheaper and I haven't even gotten around to picking up Firefly yet (half my family even owns that and they wouldn't recognise the name Josh Wheadon). Partly that's because I'm happily waiting for memories of both to fade some more before getting stuck in again though.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo