Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: Op Ed May 13, 2011, 17:00 Ray Marden

In general, the issue is Blizzard.

Poor support?

Still unable to balance between PvP and PvE?

States you should bring the player, but then stacks certain fights heavily, heavily in favor of certain classes?

Still one of the worst forums on the internet for new players or obtaining information?

Still no real story?

Let the prior expansion become an AoE fest and then tried to make this expansion go back to utilizing crowd control?

But then immediately let people to back to AoE clears?

Poor in game information to educate new players on mechanics?

Content recycling, recycling, recycling, recycling, and recycling while being the biggest game out there?

Slow to address problems that the community takes all of five seconds to discover and which it immediately points out to Blizzard, first to be insulted and only later to quietly be addressed weeks/months later?

Inconsistent guidelines, tweaks, and priorities?

Blah blah blah...I like many aspects of the games, but Blizzard's culture is probably the single biggest negative out there. It has refined a number of things in the past, but I certainly get the sense that they are either putting all their focus into Titan or are simply resting on their prior successes.

From my perspective, what are my options in WoW today? Run the same boring, limited raids? Run the old normals for the useless Justice Points? (Not that I could anyway due to the hard cap.) Run the old heroics for a small amount of Valor Points that I currently have no use for? Run the new heroics and deal with the bad loot, longer length, imbalanced CC requirements, and questionable PuGs? (Which will then make me hit the weekly cap.) Maybe I can go do my twenty five dailes - quests specifically designed to be "work" inside of my game?!? Hoping they rerelease some older content, just with the damage and health numbers tweaked for the current levels?
FFS, how long will it take to give us significant character customizations?
Completely avoiding the second biggest negative; internet egos,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo