Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

35. Re: Why Duke Nukem is Like The Beatles May 11, 2011, 20:00 Parallax Abstraction

Cutter wrote on May 11, 2011, 14:56:
Wetworks wrote on May 11, 2011, 13:22:
I hate to burst Randy's bubble but the only reason Duke was talked about all these years was because it was the biggest joke in the gaming industry. If Duke didn't hold the the vaporware crown for 14 years it would've just been another random fps.

That's it in a nutshell. Duke was nothing special. It was ridiculous even then. It's only because of it's lord of the vaporware title it became something of a meme that stuck around. People speak of the Beatles with fondess and reverence. They speak of Duke as a bad joke. It's clear that Randy simply does not "get it" anymore than any other pre-pubescent boy, so don't try and defend him and his asinine analogy or you don't get it either, Sho and PA.

I disagree with your interpretation of how the franchise was regarded in the past but your last sentence was your typical douchebag response towards those who disagree so there's no point in trying to debate this with you.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo