Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

44. Re: Valve: Steam Good for Retail May 10, 2011, 23:57 ChaosEngine

Tumbler wrote on May 10, 2011, 19:02:
you can't see this stuff when you buy a steam game at retail though. nowhere on the box does it say you're buying a subscription. edit: I'm pretty sure some of them don't even say steam is required. but that might have just been some of the earliest 3rd party steam games I got burned on.

I agree its ridiculous, I think they should be required to slap huge warning labels on the front of all these products that says, "ONLINE AUTHENTICATION REQUIRED". The software you buy in the stores should work out of the box, no internet required.

You mean like the Internet connection required warning on the back of my MW2 box, that explicitly states that you need steam to play it? But hey, facts are so inconvenient when you're having a good ole rant, eh?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo