Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10 May 10, 2011, 14:28 Mashiki Amiketo

eunichron wrote on May 10, 2011, 08:54:
I don't think you really understand what "cookie cutter" means. It has nothing to do with filling a tree, or being forced to fill a tree. Cookie cutter means there is one acceptable spec for a given class, role, and play style (PvE or PvP).
I think you don't have a clue what I'm talking about. Even hybrid builds had at least 4 different variations for 0/x/x mage/lock or x/x/0 priest/pally. The talents were there and they allowed breathing room even within the 'standard builds'.

I guess when I was in one of those top 100 guilds in vanilla in a hybrid build for mc/bwl I had no clue what I was doing. Oh wait! I did! That's why I beat other classes into the dirt(except for rogues) on dps. Oh blizz knew what they were doing, the problem is instead of having defined classes with flexibility, they had designated only one spec as acceptable and everything else as sub-optimal. See warlocks/druids until the class revamps. You had to be dest. and you had to be resto.

Agent.X7 wrote on May 10, 2011, 12:56:
But to claim RIFT is the reason. Man, have you seen the falling subscriptions of THAT game?
It's a wow killer man! It'll put a stake in the heart of the wow vampire dragon! Nah. What'll kill wow is wow(like it's starting to do now), or titan. Then again, we may never see the like of WoW again too. Because developers shift away from what made the game 'fun' to what they *think* makes the game fun. I seriously miss TBC, sure it was hugely different than vanilla, but that was probably the epitome of perfect from casual to hardcore raider. The only weakness was the inability to get groups easily for those dungeons.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo