Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10 May 10, 2011, 09:07 wtf_man

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 9, 2011, 23:07:
It's not so much the age, but the fact that they screwed talents so badly that everyone is cookiecutter, and the content is mediocre.

It was that way from the beginning (cookiecutter and mediocre). I was bored within 10 levels... but forced myself to suffer through the mid 30's.

WAY too much hand-holding. Boring as hell. But that's what you get when you target the ADHD Generation. Instead of moving the genre forward in depth... they moved it backwards and dumbed it down for the masses.

Great money maker, no doubt... but not my cup o' tea. I lean somewhere in between WoW and the original EQ / AC (Hardcore / oldschool stuff). No hand holding and complex enough to make things interesting (micro-managing your character)... some of the rules needed to be a little less harsh... and definitely needed more story integration... but other than that, they were superior to play, IMO.

This comment was edited on May 10, 2011, 09:38.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo