Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10 May 10, 2011, 01:07 Wallshadows

The problem which I and a lot of other raiders have is that Ulduar, an instance which had 14 bosses and a new tier system, was introduce about five months after WotLK was released yet we are still waiting for Firelands to be pushed out the door after six months with half the content. Six months of lackluster content with uninspiring raids and it's only now going on the laughable PTR? They must have a lot of faith in the two new Zul Heroics to hold us over that long and to not become bored with (again).

Now, to compare the quality of that from Ulduar with what we have now is like night and day. Boss fights were fun and attuned properly to both normal and hardmodes, the atmosphere was great, and the overall design was exceptional. It really was one of the most well-rounded raids in a long, long time and I would implore you to see this content if you have not. Might even get a nice Protodrake if you complete the achievement.

Furthermore, there is no identifiable progression now as you are forced in to content which all has the same defined stats from start to finish. You no longer obtain higher-quality gear the deeper in to a raid you progress and are left with simply stat shuffles. To be fair though, this went out the door after Ulduar. The gap between dungeon heroics and raiding is also more of a leap than a step now which puts a lot of casual players in an awkward position.

Classes themselves are losing certain unique abilities while talent trees and items are gradually becoming more of the same for specific classes but with different words to describe them. Look at the Tier pieces for a Rogue and Feral Druid or Warrior and Death Knight and you'll see what I mean.

So far, everything about Cataclysm has been fairly lackluster in regards to their previous expansions and with good reason. Their senior developers have all moved on to the new project and left others in charge with half-baked ideas and trying to pull the wool over our eyes by saying they are delivering quality content.

As far as raiding goes, Ulduar was likely the best of the best and I fear that there will no longer be raids such as this but rather corridors with rooms attached to them such as BWD.

As far as content in general is concerned, Cataclysm is suffering compared to previous titles and I fear that we will start to see quantity over quality in order to address this issue but not fix it.

It was never fantastic though, even when it was new.

This comment was edited on May 10, 2011, 02:06.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo