Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

36. Re: Portal 2 User Review Backlash Apr 20, 2011, 12:40 Tumbler

I played a bit of Portal 2 last night, shocked that I ended up with free time yesterday! Was delighted to see that the game functioned in every way on the ps3 without any unique code entered. Just connected to my steam account and found a match with another player and we made it through maybe 5 levels? Then we were stumped. The MP is a lot of fun.

The SP campaign appeared to be what many of the complaints were in regards to when I read the user reviews. Overall length is very short I guess and so far the game isn't all that impressive in SP. (referring to user reviews)I see more detail and it's prettier to look at but so far the puzzle areas/ levels are extremely short and it's getting a little old to get taking this random elevator to the next spot...the facility doesn't feel connected to me, just feels like a bunch of seperate levels that have a similar theme... First one felt tighter to me, I think it's the loading screens. Seeing that aperature screen between EVERY level is kind of ridiculous. First one might have done this as well I just don't remember it being such an obvious stoppage of gameplay.

I'm really happy with the purchase, I have portal 2 loaded on my PC and I can give my ps3 copy to my brother in law and he can play it on his ps3 and we can play it together! Plus I can trade it for a newer game in a month or so!

I hope they jump on more content for MP. I love the robots. I was disappointed to see I was human when I started the SP campaign. I want to be a robot!

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2011, 12:46.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo