Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: Piranha Bytes Getting Gothic Back? Apr 11, 2011, 11:19 Steele Johnson

yuastnav wrote on Apr 11, 2011, 11:17:
I just wish they would make something new.
Gothic 1 was awesome, to me it's still the best game I've probably played so far, Gothic 2 was okay but the add-on made it great again. Gothic 3 was mediocre but still fun. Gothic 4... uh, I mean Risen, was a little bit like a mix between Gothic 3 and Gothic 2 and I cannot say I am very happy about that. While it was still a good enough game I want to see something new and seeing as they are making Risen 2 it kind of makes me sad but it also makes me think that not all is lost yet and that they actually might do something else after it.
But if it's really true that they may be able to get the rights to Gothic back it would be disastrous. Nothing would keep them from making ANOTHER Gothic game and I'm kinda tired of them, I wonder why other people aren't.

I agree. Gothic 1 is definitely on the top of my list of all-time favorite rpgs. After Gothic 1, it went downhill from there.

On the other hand, Risen was a really good game as well. Piranha Bytes have proven to be one of the best rpg developers out there. I hope they get the rights back.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo