Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Crysis 2 DX11 Patch Coming Apr 9, 2011, 08:25 yuastnav

Flatline wrote on Apr 9, 2011, 05:35:
At least the enemy in Crysis 2 didn't have super X-Ray vision and impeccable aim.

Being able to hide behind something and not have the AI detect you and shoot you- with perfect accuracy with a fully-automatic weapon at ranges that are impossible to duplicate, made the game more enjoyable to me than it's predecessors.

Crysis (and far cry) were action games that I spent the majority of crawling through on my belly because enemies could invariably see me before I could see them, and they'd put fifty bullets through me at a half mile before I could get through enough foliage to actually see them.

It sounds like you did something horribly wrong.
I played Far Cry and Crysis on the hardest difficulty modes and was bored as well as surprised by how stupid the AI was.
Seriously, I remember the one moment where they were walking in a line and I just stormed at them firing my assault rifle in full automatic and they just stood there dumbfounded instead of, oh, I don't know, MAYBE SCATTER AND TAKE SOME DAMN COVER?
Everyone complimented Crytek for their awesome AI in Far Cry back then, I just couldn't understand what the big deal was.

Looks like there really aren't anymore decent shooters left, like Half Life 2 + Episodes or Stalker. Despite the stupid AI Crysis was at least kinda fun. That changed when the aliens came (same thing goes for Far Cry with the mutants; Crytek just had to ruin the whole game with that bullshit).
(btw. before anyone mentions that: I'm not saying Half Life 2 has the best AI ever but it is much, much more enjoyable than Crysis, at least for me. While Crytek only knows to a certain extent how to make an enjoyable FPS Valve is capable of going all the way)

[edit]
In hindsight it seems a little bit like the Crysis AI was cheating, though. Apart from the bugs that happened during reloading (if the AI knew about my presence and I reloaded they still were on alert instead of patrolling and some of the NPCs didn't spawn correctly and flew over half the map which resulted sometimes in their death) they were also able to see me from far away through the undergrowth. So apart from being cheaters the NPCs were kinda stupid.

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2011, 11:10.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo