Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: Mass Effect 3 Details Apr 8, 2011, 15:42 Creston

DG wrote on Apr 8, 2011, 15:26:
Just wondering, having done ME2 and all but the new DLC, how does another run through go? I see their FAQ but it's kinda missing the detail if I want to change things up a bit.

I.e. do I "lose" the first run? I was a bit completionist, and unlikely to be on 2nd run, so wouldn't want to lose the 1st run choices for the ME3 save import.

Can I change char to femshep?

If I go all Renegade this time, would ME3 import treat my char as renegade, paragon or both?

A New Game+ is treated as a new game, except that you retain your level (very likely to be 30) and the powers you've chosen. All enemies are scaled to level 30 as well, which makes the initial missions MUCH harder (because you don't have your upgrades anymore, you need to rebuy/research those, so you're relatively underpowered vs lvl 30 enemies, since the game figures you to have the upgrades once you reach 30).

Everything else is completely new. You can't change to femshep with that character. It's a male, he's not going to turn into a female all of a sudden.

As for importing into ME3, your NG+ will be saved separately. So if you'd rather import your character when you were Paragon and did a complete run, you can easily do so.

All in all, to be honest, there isn't much to recommend in a NG+, unless you find Insanity way too easy. (Insanity on NG+ is just plain brutal at the start.) Also, since you already are level 30, what little character building and growth there is in ME2 is taken away.

But, to each their own. You don't have to worry about not having your old playthrough available, it will be separate from the NG+ playthrough.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo