Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2011, 10:59 Ratty

Synchronicity! I made chili last night. It's practically inedible after I make it - really harsh, a bit bitter, and super hot - but a night in the fridge mellows it right out. I have to make it extra hot because it gets milder the longer it sits in the fridge. An interesting thing: last time I made it I froze some of it and when I defrosted it a few weeks later it was about the best tasting chili I'd ever had. So I'm trying it again to see if freezing really does improve the taste that much.

I use dried ancho and chipotle and make my own powder by toasting 8 tsp cumin seed and grinding that up with 8 tsp oregano, 8 tsp paprika and 1 tsp cayenne pepper. This is for about 4 cups of dried beans (sorry Texas chili fans).

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo