Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: Op Ed Mar 24, 2011, 22:40 Draugr

Jdrez wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 17:39:
Whiny article. He sounds like me when I was freaking sixteen. I'm thirty-one now and this stuff is boring.

Of course they didn't make the sequel the PC-hardcore-nerd paradise the first one was. They lost their ass on the first Crysis.

There is no money in PC games any more other than MMO's / The Sims. There never will be a return investment in AAA titles for PC again. Hence, all AAA games will be console ports from now on.

Why can't people get this through their heads and stop whanging about a return to 1998 that will never happen.

Cripes. Forget games, the PC as we know it is gonna be non-existent outside of guys like this's houses in 10 years anyway.

I love how Crytek and console kids always pretend that crysis didn't sell well, even though it sold over 3 million copies... How anyone would consider that a failure is beyond me.

As for AAA titles not worth the investment. BF3 is coming out and has a lot of features that will be tailored to the PC crowd, so clearly there is money to be made, for if things are as bad as you say, that'd mean the businesses were doing it as a charity, which wouldn't be the case.

All you need to do is look at valve to see PC industry doing fine.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo