Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

24. Re: Dragon Age II Beta Patch Mar 13, 2011, 19:37 Dirwulf

JoeNapalm wrote on Mar 13, 2011, 19:34:
Teddy wrote on Mar 13, 2011, 18:25:
It's also well known in the industry that gamers behave like children who will post metacritic reviews having never played the game. Better still are the idiots who post reviews that they LOVE the game top to bottom and give it a 1 because they can't figure out the website.

Regardless of what the whiners say, the game is good. It's not as good as the original in my opinion, but that doesn't automatically make it a 2/10 game. That's the true idiocy of gamers today, if it doesn't live up to what THEY expected from the game, all of a sudden it's the worst game of all time. If they'd had no expectation and it was a new IP that they tried, they'd give it a 7 or 8 instead.

Pure idiocy. A game sequel isn't scored according to how much you liked the original more, or what you were expecting from it. It's scored based on what it is. That's what gamers never seem to grasp about reviews and that's why official review scores typically vary so much from anonymous gamer review scores, particularly when involving a sequel.

It's pure idiocy to think that players aren't going to look at a sequel in comparison to the original.

While DA2 might have been a decent action game, it's the sequel to a well-liked RPG. The people who are trashing it in their ratings are rating it as a sequel to DAO.

The simple fact is the Bioware/EA decided to cash in for the quick money and broad demographic, just like they did with ME2 - but what those wonks don't realize is, they're doing irreparable harm to Bioware's reputation.

Sure, they can make big money in the short term, but they've cooked the goose that was laying the golden eggs. The asshats responsible don't care, though - they can probably live in style for the rest of their lives, and let the IPs what we all enjoyed wither and die.

I liked it better when gaming wasn't "mainstream"...It's gotten way too Hollywood.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

So wait, now that its no longer catered to a hard core audience, and more people than ever are enjoying and buying it, its going to die? Hardly. If they keep this formula, the 3rd will outsell the second, which is surely to outsell the first.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo