Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

39. Re: Dragon Age 2 Launch Trailer Mar 11, 2011, 01:23 DarkCntry

Jerykk wrote on Mar 10, 2011, 23:50:
2. Enemy assassins are overpowered in Nightmare, they can 1 shot your rogues and mages.

This. Assassins are really pissing me off, in fact. Challenge is one thing, but the assassins are so damn cheap. You can't block, avoid or interrupt their backstabs and you can't stop them from cloaking either. There's no way to detect a cloaked assassin either. To make matters even worse, they drink health potions whenever their health gets low and then cloak so you can't do any more damage to them until they uncloak and kill one of your companions with a backstab. The only reliable way to kill them is to continually stun/freeze/paralyze/immobilize them so they never have an opportunity to do anything.

If you thought enemy mages were bad in DAO, the enemy assassins in DA2 (nightmare difficulty) are about 100 times worse.

The easiest way I've found to deal with the assassins is when they cloak for the backstab, switch to whatever AOE launching character you have, run next to the one it's aiming to backstab (either the target it was fighting, or your healer), and then just drop every AOE you can on the area around them. It'll interrupt their backstab and bring them out of cloak.

Of course, this causes you to divert your attention from whatever you're currently fighting to deal with a single target, but again, this adds some level of tactical thinking.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo