Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: Steam Guard Beta Mar 6, 2011, 19:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 6, 2011, 10:07:

So far I have not seen too many features that Steam implemented that would not be beneficial to the users. You guys are speculating too much here with the DRM and all that. All Steam was talking about was implementing this hardware lock to access your account info, not your games. Steam Cloud service and games locked to 1 PC only goes totally against each other so I don't see Steam implement anything like that.
Not to mention Steam Guard is not mandatory, it is a feature if you want it, enable it, if not then carry on.

"Steam Guard is available to third parties to incorporate into their own applications through Steamworks."

That's from Valve's announcement. While yes, Steam Guard may provide added security to people who decide to use it, it is ALSO going to be available for publishers to use as hardware based DRM, and it would defeat the purpose if this aspect of Steam Guard could be opted out of.

What is hard to understand about this?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo