Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: Technology of Dragon Age II Mar 6, 2011, 09:51 Slashman

Overon wrote on Mar 6, 2011, 09:43:
These streamlining changes, which some of us would call dumbing down and the extra download required to get the high resolution textures (consoles don't need the high res textures cause they can't handle them) are all a clear sign of what the intended platform is for this game. The only reason the first game was PC friendly was because it started on PC and took so long to release. If they could they would have gone back and tailored it for consoles in the first one.

Dragon Age II is not a PC game.

Yeah I tried to suspend judgment for as long as I could despite hearing about the changes.

Unfortunately, this is apparently what Bioware has been reduced to.

I honestly did not mind the direction they took with ME 2. But to do it for a game like Dragon Age which was supposed to be a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate is downright insulting.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo