Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Painkiller - Redemption Feb 27, 2011, 16:55 Cram

Who cares who made the maps and why?

I care because someone in this thread made a post that PCF developed this game and its maps. This is absolutely false and someone needs to say something; if I were less informed about this mod and actually believed that post that PCF were involved, then bought the game only to later find out they weren't at all, I would be displeased. False information presented as fact, not going to let that go.

It's Painkiller with 5x's the amount of enemies in it.

I would argue it's not Painkiller at all, but Serious Sam on enemy spawn steroids in extremely tightly confined spaces. In Painkiller, you were progressing forward while killing enemies, not staying in one location for more then a couple minutes. In this game, you move from one small room to the next, 15 minutes at a time. Serious Sam did this, but the environments were much larger and varied so it was easier to handle. You could actually use a Rocket Launcher most of the time without being afraid of gibbing yourself.

It lasted 4 hours

That's pretty good actually. It took me over 1hr15min to beat the first level due to the need and requirement to artificially greatly expand game time through more respawns since there's no variety in level design whatsoever. I played through the second level today despite saying I wouldn't. More of the exact same. Getting all 6 done in 4 hours would be quite an accomplishment without cheats.

It was 5 whole dollars, how could there be any dismay for 5 bucks?

Because if stuff like this is allowed to, and does, sell, the price will soon move to $10, then $15 and so on for products of such absolute poor quality.

can't please 'em all (or any of 'em on BluesNews)

I fail to see how labeling our criticisms on the fact we're Bluesnews readers is relevant here. Yeah there are other threads where things get trollishly out of control and rude, but in this case we're dealing with an genuinely terrible product. It's awesome you had some fun for a bit, but in the bigger picture there is literally nothing to be pleased about with this mod.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo