Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: Bungie MMO Shooter Rumor Feb 17, 2011, 16:11 Draugr

Drezden wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 12:53:
I love Bungie, I love Myth, Oni, Marathon all their oldschool stuff was great.

I even love the universe they created for Halo despite being console only...

But I don't understand... after 10 years of making Halo games (A Sci Fi FPS) would you break away from Microsoft... have your first bit of freedom to make something else... and make a Sci Fi MMOFPS... If that is all you were going to do... Why didn't you just stay with Microsoft, and make a Halo MMO, which has been rumored for ages, and is already an established IP to back it for sales... Why would you leave and start from scratch working on the same thing you just stopped working on but on a larger scale.

I would have preferred to see something either Original from them, or from another of their IP's. Oni 2 would be great imo.

Just feels like they are wasting talent doing this.

Couldn't agree with you more, after I heard they weren't chained to MS anymore I instantly thought of how awesome all their non halo games were, and I was really looking forward to that. Now it seems like they developed into a studio that wont take a 'chance' on something like that.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo