Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: Treyarch on Bugs Feb 9, 2011, 06:34 Kajetan

Rilcon wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 04:56:
Contrary to popular belief, QA does find most bugs people later complain about. It's just that most of them end up as "can't / won't fix", or "as designed". Platform holders let publishers get away with a certain amount of bugs in games, some of them quite nasty, and the publisher doesn't actually tell them what issues are known; and of course, the developer doesn't tell the publisher about the issues they know about.

It's all a fun game of "shit, we have to release next month or everyone gets fired". If you want to blame someone, blame investors asking for massive returns, publishers setting short deadlines and producers for caving in and giving little to know time for bugfixing. Also gamers for wanting new games NOW NOW NOW.
As a former QA worker, i can confirm this. The vast majority of bugs players encounter in games are well known, documented and reported by the QA. But fixing these bugs? Thats a whole different matter:

This is a feature, not a bug!
Not enough time to the release date.
Not enough money to hire more programming staff.
"Go away, i'm pissed because you always point out my programming errors!" => devs with an unprofessional attitude and a heavy dose of inferiority complex.

I could go on for hours

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo