Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

23. Re: Disabled Gamer Petition Feb 8, 2011, 05:42 jimnms

BicycleRepairMan wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 05:09:
This isnt purely a console problem. Minecraft has the same problem, for instance. I always use RMB for moving forward, the wasd system is idiotic imo.

I use RMB forward, Space backwards and left-right with W and E. this way you can leave all movement fingers in the hover position, and it leaves 2 available fingers over Q and R as well. I dare you to try it a few days and disagree that its a more sensible system than WASD

With WASD or similar arrow-shaped movement keys, there are more fiddling, you need to move your middle finger to switch between forwards and backwards, and the pinky is left hanging above capslock/shift. Its a shit system, and I cant believe it's become the default
I can't stand WASD. I had a discussion on the Mafia II forums when the demo came out, which doesn't let you bind the RMB to forward. People actually got hostile with me and others that wanted custom key bindings.

Move your hand one row down and that's pretty much my setup. The standard keys I use for all games is RMB = forward, space = backwards, S and D = strafe left/right, F = jump, V = crouch, G = use/action and LSHIFT for run/walk toggle. Then I have QWERTAZXCB available for other functions. If I have to move my hand for some reason, it's easy to move back into position without having to look since the F key on most keyboards has a notch on it so touch typists know their hands are on the home row of keys.

I didn't buy Mafia II because I heard the key binding was still "broken" at release, and I don't know if they ever fixed it.

Steam Profile

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo