Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: BF2 Content in Battlefield 3? Feb 6, 2011, 15:26 wrigleyvillain

Yeah Forgotten Hope 2, Project Reality and others all fantastic, top-notch work.

Sepharo wrote on Feb 6, 2011, 03:33:
bigspender wrote on Feb 6, 2011, 02:58:
can't say i've ever bothered to play a mod in and BF games. I'd rather a more polished product or more content, than have amateur content from fans

Never played BF mods but you're ready to brush them off as unpolished? Desert Combat ended up being a better game than 1942, it was certainly far ahead of its time. The developers got picked up by DICE to work on BF2.

Also the vast majority of mods for the BF series and most moddable FPS in general aren't total conversions. They're small scripts, modified vehicle spawns, management controls, new game modes. All things that improve the game but don't bring any measurable profit to the publisher.

You've likely been playing on servers with lots of different mods, just not total conversions.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo