Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: On Bulletstorm DRM and GFWL Jan 30, 2011, 16:46 Bucky

jimnms wrote on Jan 30, 2011, 16:35:
RaZ0r! wrote on Jan 30, 2011, 16:12:
I was really hyped on this game when I first heard about it. Now it seems the more I read, the more I feel like I could just pass on this game. GFWL ruins games.
I'm no fan of GFWL, but I don't get the whole OMG GFWL SUXORS THE BIG ONE!!!11 AND RUINS GAMES AND I'LL NEVER BUY A GAME WITH GFWL.

I have three games that use GFWL, and other than the little blip at the start of the game telling you to press the HOME key to access GFWL, I'd never know it's there. Most people have ADD and/or don't read the instructions, so they don't realize that you can set GFWL to offline, and never have to connect to the internet, unless you want to unlock achievements or play MP.

Also, every game that I have that uses GFWL, there is a GFWL remover for it. Yes, it would be nice to not have to install GFWL at all, it's just something extra that I don't want or need, but I don't see how it ruins games.

I'm with you on this one. I have a few games that use GFWL, and while the system is barely worth logging into, it's also not something that has caused any problems for me. What continually surprises me (and I know it shouldn't) is that developers and publishers continue to use it even though there are far better systems available.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo