Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

27. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Interview Jan 22, 2011, 06:57 Nucas

Acleacius wrote on Jan 22, 2011, 03:06:
Nothing these guys can do for REAL PC gaming. They would have to expose m$ and their most likely illegal trade practices. m$ have continually undermined the whole gaming industry in an attempt to make a substandard platform a priority development over more sophisticated and superior PC systems.

you're talking like this is some centralized conspiracy orchestrated by one company, that's just delusional.

it all comes down to the bottom line. publishers (and most developers, i would wager) are happy with the status quo. the effort, the time and money investment with developing art assets, and so on. just the other day i read some interview of some bigwig with thq (i may even have found it here on blues) basically saying "new hardware? no thanks!" because development cost will go up. that's capitalism.

the pc is so tightly tied to the console hardware cycle, i havn't had to upgrade my video card for probably 2 years now, and i play everything maxed the fuck out. it's no one company's fault, certainly not microsoft.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo