Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Cryptic Lifetime Subs Sale Jan 20, 2011, 19:30 Warskull

Talisorn wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 17:41:
JohnBirshire wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 17:31:
Lifetime subscriptions are an indicator of a terrible game.

There are people who have been playing UO since release, $2,000+. Asherons Call, $2,000+. WoW, $1250+. You know your game isn't going to last long when you are selling lifetime subscriptions for a fraction of that cost. If they don't have any faith in their product, neither should you.

Bollocks! I got a lifetime for LotRO when if first opened an it's been one of the best MMO purchases ever. It's never even looked like going under and going F2P has seen it go from strenth to strength. Paying a full sub for a game when a lifetime option is available is a mugs game. I'd rather buy than rent.

Name another game that purchasing a lifetime sub was a good idea. Hellgate, Champions Online, maybe Star Trek Online? You simply do not offer a lifetime subscription if you think you have a successful game on your hands. If you think your game won't keep most players more than 3 months then you offer lifetime subs. Heck, just compare the amount of good successful MMOs to the failed crap. There aren't very many MMOs that last, most companies just churn out terrible MMOs. LotRO and Eve are the only two successful subscription based MMOs I can think of after WoW.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo