Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: PlanetSide Next Nears Jan 17, 2011, 13:07 Fion

The market needs a larger-scaled FPS

The only decent 'fps' style MMOG at moment is Global Agenda which has pretty enjoyable PvP but it's not as large scale as Planetside was. IMHO planetside was the best MMOFPS especially when they'd introduce a free month once in a while. Because then, everyone that enjoys the game but didn't want to pay-to-play would hop on board and we'd have massive 3 way battles with hundreds of people that would last for hours.

One of my fondest MMO memories was during a free month of Planetside during a battle that spanned half an island between all three factions and on my side a big group of folks formed a tank rush in the big suits (it has been so long I forget what they are called, we were on purple team and at the time they had the best ones) and some 60 people coordinated in these tank suits and rushed a base in waves. It was so damn fun.

So yea, do Planetside Next right SOE and give players a lot to play with before you charge them for anything. That was really the failing of the first game. Pay-to-play for a game that was good, but not as good as Tribes or other free-to-play games of it's time.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo