Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

6. Re: On Sale Jan 15, 2011, 22:05 SBlat

Quboid wrote on Jan 15, 2011, 20:39:
Hmm. That's unethical. Do they do this a lot? I can accept the occasional screw up but if this is a tactic to trick people into thinking they're getting a discount, that's not cool. I would expect a lot better from Paradox.

I'd assume it's just a mistake or maybe they used the wrong box when correcting the price to its surprising MSRP of $40 (most AAA games are $50 in the US, and it looks like 2011 will be the year of $60 as standard for at least both EA and Activision). Or it could be that they didn't notice the lower-than-usual US prices are standard and mistakenly view it as price matching other stores' "pre-order discounts". It's been listed as "20% off" at $40 for months, at any rate.

I don't think they do it very often, but there's sometimes a mistake or two in their offers list. Some GG games have done the same thing before, appearing as "20% off" for a sale's week, but actually only just being a retailer-wide price-dropped MSRP as a result. In those cases though, they often do go back up to the old pre-price-dropped price after the sale finished. Dawn of Discovery in particular would often appear in their sales last year at the everyday price of everywhere else but advertised as "40% off", and then would pop back up to $20 more than anywhere else after the sale was done. They also often list games at full price in their sales section as "0% off!", but I assume that's because it's on sale in some other region but not the US.

Impulse have a few games and programs that sat in their "on sale" list for almost a year before they redesigned their site, and it sure looked like it was just the result of a price drop that they accidentally entered in as a promotional deal. I think the Corel products have now gotten permanently stuck in their new sales list.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo